The top Macra na Feirme clubs in the country have been announced by the young farmers organisation.
These clubs will go through to the semi-final of Macra’s Club of the Year competition. The Club of the Year title recognises Macra clubs’ achievements throughout the year.
The title is also the highest accolade a club can achieve.
The 14 clubs will now go forward to participate in the national semi-final of the Club of the Year competition on October 10 and 11.
Seven of the 14 clubs are chosen to go on to the national final which will take place at the Macra na Feirme annual conference which will be held this year in the Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork on October 24.
They 14 clubs that go through to the national semi-final are:
- Mitchelstown Macra, Avondhu, Co. Cork.
- Devils Bit Macra, North Tipperary.
- Berrings Macra, Muskerry, Co. Cork.
- Glanmire Macra, Seandun, Co. Cork.
- Ballylanders Macra, Co. Limerick.
- Donoughmore Macra, Muskerry, Co.Cork.
- Limerick City Macra.
- Carrigaline Macra, Seandun, Co. Cork.
- Hill 16 Macra, Dublin.
- Kilmeen Macra, Carbury, Co. Cork.
- Naas Macra, Co. Kildare.
- Mountmellick Macra, Co. Laois.
- Callan Macra, Co. Kilkenny.
- Ramor Macra, Co. Cavan.
Macra na Feirme calendar
Macra na Feirme has launched a calendar featuring some of its more extrovert members to highlight positive mental health.
Created in partnership with St Patricks Mental Health Services ‘Walk in my Shoes’ campaign, the calendar is a tongue-in-cheek look at Macra and young farmers but will raise the serious issue of protecting your mental health.
National President of the organisation, Seán Finan, said protecting our mental health is as important as keeping physically fit.