Target Fertilisers appoints new Technical Sales Manager
Target Fertilisers has appointed Gavin McGowan as its new Technical Sales Manager to further develop its portfolio of regional accounts as well as being a technical back-up to existing customers.
An Agricultural Science graduate from University College Dublin, McGowan comes from a farming background in Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim.
He has previously held similar roles in technical sales and advisory positions in the northwest and northeast.
His latest role was with the Cooney Furlong Grain Company in the southeast as a Business Development Manager/Agronomist, where he was a member of the technical sales team.
McGowan’s experience and industry knowledge has already made him a key addition to Target Fertilisers, according to Walter Furlong, General Manager of Target Fertilisers.
“We view his appointment as a sign of our commitment to remain one of the leading companies in our industry.
Our new innovations and the increasing demand from our customers led us to look for a new addition to our team who will fit in with our ethos of innovation and exceptional service.
“His appointment has come in time with the launch of our new product, Urea + NBPT, (inhibitor) a product which Gavin has being using in trials within his previous role.
“Gavin has a good understanding of the needs of farmers from his previous positions and I’m confident that he will play a key role in providing and implementing high quality economic solutions for our customer base,” Furlong said.
Target Fertilisers is an Irish company that was founded in 1998, while the company has three production facilities, one at the port of Waterford, one in Rath Birr Co. Offaly and another near Enniscorthy Co. Wexford.
Approximately 80% of Target’s total imports are from Western Europe, with the remaining 20% imported from other countries around the world such as Russia, Egypt, North Africa and Eastern Europe.