Online financial self-service facility launched
A new online financial self-service facility has been launched by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
The Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Simon Coveney, today announced that the online service for his Department’s customers is being extended to include a new financial self-services facility which will enable them to view their financial transactions with his Department online.
“I am delighted to be in a position to announce the addition of the Financial Self-Services facility, which will be available from April,” the Minister said. “This is a major step forward in the development of my Departments’ online services to our customers and, for farmers in particular and is very much in line with my commitment to maximise the use of technology for farmers’ benefit”. With the Financial Self-Services, clients can securely view all of their payment details. The service will also include the option for customers to pay any monies due to his Department on-line, using a debit or credit card.
The main features of Financial Self-Services are:
- Access is via the Department’s Online Services portal, www.agfood.ie;
- Real-time information available;
- Financial transactions in the last four years available;
- View remittance text in respect of each transaction;
- View, copy or print the annual payment statements for each of the last four years; and,
- Use debit/credit cards to pay debts.
Rollout of the service will commence on a phased basis with farmers, the Department’s largest single client group. A text message will be sent to alert the farmer each time a payment will issue and over time it is expected that this ‘customer online access’ will replace the paper remittance slips currently issued for each payment and the annual statement of payments.
Minister Coveney pointed to the benefits of the system, which provides for access by individual farmers using their existing login details to the Department’s website, www.agfood.ie
The Minister urged anyone considering availing of the on-line facility to register via the website, www.agfood.ie or, alternatively, by contacting the dedicated Helpdesk at Lo-call 1890 252 118.
The Minister referred to the current campaign to encourage more farmers to sign up for his Department’s text messaging service, which will advise farmers of individual payments issuing. This important alert will then enable the farmer to view payment details immediately on receipt of the text message through the Financial Self Service facility.
- Email: [email protected] – including full name and address together with your PPSN details to ensure correct matching of your mobile number to your customer record, or by
- Post: CCS Section -Customer Updates, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Farnham Street, Cavan.
A form to assist you is available on the Department website at www.agriculture.gov.ie/mobileupdates
Here is a video explaining the new system for users