Teagasc is hiring Agriculture Development Officers (starting salary over €31,000)
Teagasc is looking to establish a national panel from which temporary Agricultural Development Officer vacancies in the areas of advisory and education will be filled.
Advisers are involved in the development of assigned client’s farm business through improved technical and financial efficiency and sustainable resource management.
College teachers and education officers will be involved in delivering classes/practicals to part-time and full-time students on a range of programmes delivered at colleges and regional education centres.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12 midnight on Friday, December 11, 2015.
The Agricultural Development Officer Grade 1 has a starting salary of €31,729 per annum.
Exceptional circumstances may apply for candidates with current or recent service in the public sector. Remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government policy.
This panel will be used to fill temporary vacancies only. The panel will remain in place until June 30, 2017.
Successful applicants will be assigned to a particular programme area reporting to the Regional Manager/College Principal or other nominated manager.
Staff may be reassigned to an alternative location or programme area in order to meet customer
demand and in line with changing organisational priorities.
- To provide input and deliver on assigned objectives of the agreed business plan as part of a region or college team
- To use a range of effective advisory methodologies as part of an enterprise team to achieve technology transfer and sustainable client development
- To maintain a high profile for the Teagasc advisory service through activities, local regional and national events, publications and public relations
- To assist clients in the analysis & planning of their farm business in systems of production varying from organic to intensive
- To assist clients in the change processes necessary arising from a changing agriculture context
- To assist clients in the participation in EU and national schemes
- To co-ordinate referrals from the Options Programme for clients
- To facilitate clients in the analysis and planning of succession and inheritance
- To take responsibility for the marketing of services/ training programmes
- To proactively recruit clients/students and meet income targets
- To adopt the most effective and progressive teaching, instruction and ICT methodologies
- Preparation and delivering of classes/lectures for a variety of relevant programme areas
- Preparation and delivery of assessments in accordance with Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) guidelines
- Delivery of practical skills instruction and the assessment of these skills
- Involvement in the management of a college enterprise
- Correcting, recording, verifying and informing students of their progress in the assessment system
- Provision of tutorials/mentoring to students on class work and practicals related to their chosen course
- Visiting of schools and career open days in order to market Teagasc courses and give guidance on likely job opportunities for school leavers and mature students
- Provision of material for events, open days, in-service training and educational exhibits
- To participate in the Teagasc Whole College Evaluation process as required
- Implementing quality assurance including internal verification.
- To actively engage in the implementation of access, disability and young learner protection policies
- To provide support to other Teagasc activities as and when required
- Liaison with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- To assist management and administrative staff in achieving good governance and risk management through cooperation and adherence to administrative procedures and practices
- To assist Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan through adherence to best practice protocols
- To assist with managing the health, safety and welfare of students.
- To undertake self-development and updating through active participation it the Performance Management Development System (PMDS)
- To participate in the annual business planning and risk management process for the relevant business area
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
How to apply
The relevant application form can be accessed on the website at www.teagasc.ie/careers
Completed application forms should be submitted to [email protected] by 12 midnight on Friday December 11, 2015.