Bord Bia will host its first ever Christmas Market in the wonderful surrounds of the iconic CHQ building, IFSC, Docklands, Dublin from this Thursday.
The festive indoor market will showcase the very best of Irish artisan food including Christmas puddings, mulled wine, bakery products, smoked salmon, relishes, preserves and Irish farmhouse cheese to name just a few.
Almost 40 Irish food producers will participate offering a wide array of tasty Christmas gifts.
The market is totally indoors so visitors don’t need to worry about the weather as they browse the stalls and soak up the festive atmosphere. Opening hours are 10am to 8pm from Thursday to Saturday and 10am to 6pm on Sunday.
In addition to the Bord Bia Christmas Market, the CHQ building will be a hub of festive activities including Santa Claus, face painting, hair braiding and live music. The 12 Days of Christmas, Dublin Docklands Market, will also take place in Georges Dock, alongside the CHQ building.
Christmas facts and figures from Bord Bia
• Bord Bia estimates Irish consumers will eat more than 800,000 turkeys this Christmas
• According to Kantar, in 2012 the turkey market is valued at €28m
• There are approximately 100 Christmas Tree growers in Ireland
• It is expected that approximately 650,000 trees will be harvested this year by Irish growers, 400,000 for the home market and 250,000 for export
• The export market is valued at €5.5m to €6m per year
For Christmas Market updates and festive recipes follow @bordbia #bordbiachristmas
Pictured Maria Stokes, Bord Bia was joined by Santa’s Little Helpers, Nessa and Charles