Approvals have commenced for dairy investments in the Young Farmer Capital Investment Scheme and approvals will also issue for priority one Dairy Equipment cases before Christmas.
Under the Young Farmer Capital Investment Scheme, a total of 520 applications have been received with over 200 of these applying for dairy investments while over a thousand applications have been submitted for the Dairy Equipment Scheme.
The Minister for Agriculture, Simon Coveney said that he is aware that a number of farmers are keen to have milking facilities in place for the New Year and every effort is being made to facilitate this, in particularly urgent cases.
“The Department will be sending out other farm building grant approvals on a rolling basis as the applications are cleared early in the New Year and I would ask applicants to bear with us during this time, ” he said.
In addition, the Minister has announced the opening dates of the second tranches for online applications for various TAMS II Schemes, as follows:
- Low Emission Slurry Spreading opens December 14 with a closing date of March 25, 2016
- Organic Capital Investment Scheme opens December 14 with a closing date of March 25, 2016
- Animal Welfare, Safety and Nutrient Storage Scheme opens December 14 with a closing date of March 25, 2016
Minister Coveney also advised that second tranches of applications for the following schemes are already open also with the closing date of March 25, 2016.
- The Young Farmers Capital Investment Scheme
- The Dairy Equipment Scheme
- The Pig and Poultry Investment Scheme