Eight Aurivo milk suppliers receive milk quality awards
Eight Aurivo milk suppliers from six counties have been recognised at the annual Aurivo Milk Quality Awards.
The event, in its eight year, took place in Kilronan Castle, Co. Roscommon recently.
Kevin Lane Chief Executive of Ornua (formally known as the Irish Dairy Board) was guest speaker at the event.
The top award, the ‘Aurivo Milk Supplier of the Year 2015’, went to Sligo farmer Gerard Killoran, from Bunninadden, Ballymote. He also won the award for ‘Lowest TBC Manufacturing Milk’.
The other category winners included:
- Highest percentage milk solids, John Ormsby, Cloghans Hill, Tuam, Co. Galway.
- Lowest somatic cell count, David Jinks, Ballinacarrow, Ballymote, Co. Sligo.
- Best performing new entrant, Christopher Kelly, Moydow, Co. Longford.
- Most Improved somatic cell count, Michael Ryan, Mountbellew, Co. Galway.
- Lowest TBC Liquid Milk, John Barrett, Breaffy, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- Best Performing Donegal Supplier, Charles McCandless, Culdaff, Co. Donegal.
- Best Performing Northern Ireland Supplier, Robert Anderson, Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone.
Aaron Forde, Chief Executive of Aurivo, said that only last month we experienced the most fundamental change to Irish agriculture in a generation.
“As we look to the future and grow our business in the post quota era, milk quality will continue to be an essential ingredient for our global customer base across the 50 markets we have built.
“From our portfolio of regional and national brands to our dairy products destined for Africa, Afghanistan or Costa Rica, all of our customers expect perfection in every litre of milk and every kilogramme of product.
We can only do that with the work and support of the owner supplier base. That work and support has been there and thank our suppliers for it.
Chairman of Aurivo, Tom Cunniffe, said that each award category winners are outstanding ambassadors for Aurivo and the dairy farming sector, by achieving and maintaining the highest standards, enabling Aurivo and Ornua to develop and market the best quality product.
The Aurivo Milk Quality Awards identify and reward Aurivo milk suppliers who exemplify excellence in milk production.