Farm accident ruled out after boy’s death in Armagh

A six-year-old boy who collapsed suddenly at a farm in Co Armagh died from heart failure, it has been revealed.

The authorities initially were investigating whether the six-year-old was overcome by slurry fumes at the farm in Co Armagh but it was revealed this afternoon that no toxic gases were detected.

The incident is believed to have happened in a milking parlour. Ambulance personnel were called to the farm at the Ballynahonemore Road in Hamiltonsbawn shortly after 5pm yesterday, and the boy was taken to Craigavon Area Hospital.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland later confirmed the sudden death of a child.



Please be considerate of others when commenting. All comments posted are subject to our commenting policy. Comments violating this policy will be removed without notice.

We Have A Quick Question

Thank you for your input! This will help us improve the content we produce for you in the future!
What farming enterprises are you involved in?