JFC innovation/ Irish Farmers Journal
Video highlights of the recent JFC Innovation Awards for Rural Business, run in conjunction with Teagasc, the Irish Farmers Journal and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development in Northern Ireland have been uploaded by Teagasc Media.
Each clip focuses on an award-winning rural business.
Moominder, an innovative new product that constantly measures a cow’s temperature, won the overall prize at the 2013 JFC Innovation Awards for Rural Business, which was presented in Newry last May.
Moominder was one of fourteen finalists, shortlisted from 67 entrants, competing in the JFC Innovation competition. The competition is sponsored by JFC manufacturing and run in conjunction with Teagasc, the Irish Farmers Journal and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development in Northern Ireland.
The other category winners in the competition were:
- Energy/manufacturing : Raymond Boyd, Boyd Bedding
- Artisan/Speciality food: Adrian Morrow and Peter Hannon, Glenarm Shorthorn salt-aged beef
- Services/Rural Tourism: William Sullivan, Irish Military War Museum
- Social Media: Jacqueline McGonigle www.whatsonni.com
The other finalists were:
- Alan Winters and Ger Daly – Alstrong Ltd, New concept in soil aeration
- Janette O’Hagan – Heatboss
- David and Helen Harrison – Harrison’s of Grey Abbey
- Daniel Connolly, -Recon Waste Management Ltd, recycling motorway waste
- Eileen McClure – Kitchen Incubators Kerry
- Chris McGillycuddy – www.clubcolours.ie Merchandising and fund raising solution for clubs
- Mark Carr and Sean Donnelly – East Wind Energy
- Aidan Rob – Cargo Defenders, anti-theft device for curtain side trailers
- Cynthia Coleman – Fluffy Sheep Quilting
For all videos of the winners and finalists visit Teagasc Media.