Macra na Feirme salutes longest-serving CEO as search for replacement continues
Macra na Feirme National President Seán Finan has paid tribute to the organisation’s outgoing Chief Executive Officer Edmund Connolly.
The longest-serving CEO in the organisation’s 72-year history, Connolly will step down from his role at Macra’s national AGM in Nenagh, Country Tipperary, today, Saturday, May 7.
Macra are currently seeking a replacement for Connolly – deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday, May 16, 2016 and further information on the application can be found here.
Edmund has given huge service to us over the last eight years. We have seen significant changes in the organisation during that time and a huge number of services have been developed,” said Finan.
“Edmund has worked closely with the volunteer leadership to develop these during his time at Macra. He is moving onto another opportunity outside Macra.”
Finan said the five-year fixed-term contract currently advertised for the new CEO is standard in the industry and was originally the case for outgoing CEO Connolly.
“The new chief executive will be involved in managing, leading and directing the staff cohort of the organisation.
“They will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the organisation and to work with the president in the roll-out of services and activities,” said Finan.
Macra na Feirme has about 8,000 members, with clubs in 31 regions across the country. Its National Council, which is chaired by the National President, is the governing body of the organisation.
It is made up of the National President, three vice presidents, a representative from each of the 31 regions, past president, IFA representative and two representatives of associate members.
Macra’s National Executive committee is a sub-committee of National Council with specific powers delegated to it.
Summary /Overview Of Advertised CEO role
- To efficiently and effectively direct and manage the staff cohort, in support of the President and National Executive, in delivering the operational and strategic goals as agreed by the National Council of Macra na Feirme.
- Work closely with the President in identifying, presenting, developing and pursuing initiatives to grow the organisation through alliances and joint ventures in accordance with the mandates of National Council and National Executive.
Education / professional qualifications and experience
- A relevant third level qualification is essential.
- At least 5 years senior management experience with a successful track record in leadership and management in either the public or private sector.
- A proven track record in developing and implementing strategy in a changing environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience with the ability to engage and network at all levels in the organisation, and externally.
- Experience and understanding of the agricultural sector, rural affairs, fundraising, working with community and voluntary organisations; is desirable.
- Garda Vetting is a requirement.
- Full clean driving license required.
Personal Attributes required for the position
- Exceptional strategic vision; high energy & enthusiasm.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to take and execute decisions.
- Experience of managing complex, people-based organisations in terms of leading, motivating and continuously re-focusing a professional staff cohort whilst serving the needs of a volunteer-led organisation.
- Excellent team building skills and experience, together with the stamina to energise, motivate and build trust.
- Developed interpersonal communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills to manage a dynamic and multi-faceted organisation.
- Able to operate effectively at policy, strategic and operational levels with a reputation for analytical depth and clarity.
- Proficient Project Management skills.
- Competency to oversee the development, implementation and management of systems, initiatives and processes, paying particular attention to the application of best practice in Finance, Human Resources, IT and PR for Macra na Feirme.
- Possesses qualities of empathy and determination to build and nurture relationships both internally and externally; to represent Macra in negotiation and promotion.
Remuneration & Application Deadline and Details
A generous remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate for the position.
The role is likely to suit an individual looking to grow and further develop their career at a senior management level through an interesting and challenging role.
If you wish to apply, please email your curriculum vitae with a cover letter (setting out your suitability for the position) to [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 16th May 2016.
For a confidential discussion, you may also phone Milo Molloy, at Out Sourced Management Solutions (OSMS) on +353 87 278 3860.
To link to Macra’s webpage adverstising for the new CEO position,click here.