There are a number of job opportunities in the agricultural sector for graduates and those with experience. Here is a selection of the jobs available at the moment.
Agricultural & Food Policy Executive
The Irish Co-operative Organisation Society Ltd (ICOS) is looking to recruit an Agricultural & Food Policy Executive.
According to ICOS, the candidate will assist members in the formulation and implementation of agricultural and food policy. He/She will act in a secretarial co-ordination role for various industry working groups and be located in the ICOS Head Office, but will be expected to travel around the country as required.
The requirements for the role are as follows:
- A third level higher degree in a relevant discipline
- At least two years’ post qualification experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible team structure
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
A salary based on previous experience and the importance of the position will be offered.
Candidates should apply with a CV and cover letter via email to [email protected] or by post to Seamus O’Donohoe, CEO, ICOS Ltd, The Plunkett House, 84 Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
Teagasc Board Member Positions
Teagasc is looking to appoint two board members to its Authority.
Successful candidates will be required to attend 11 committee meetings and a number of sub-committee meetings per year and anyone from the private sector will receive remuneration of €11,000 and expenses.
Candidates must have experience in one or both of the following areas:
- Senior level experience in the food industry, ideally with previous executive level management experience in a food processing company or co-operative.
- Senior level financial management experience in a large organisation.
- In addition, candidates should have some experience in corporate governance and previous experience of board membership.
Appointments will be for a period of five years.
To apply go to www.stateboards.ie and submit a CV and cover letter by March 3, 2015.
Teagasc Cork East Advisory Region requires short-term temporary Agricultural Advisers to assist with the processing of Derogation and Single Farm Payment scheme applications for the period February to May 2015.
Candidates must have a Level 8 Degree in Agricultural Science or equivalent agricultural qualification.
Applicants can send a CV by email to Gerard MacMahon, Regional Manager at [email protected]
The closing date for applications is March 8, 2015.
EarthCom Ltd is working on a recruitment project on behalf of a farmers co-operative based in West Cork are seeking to recruit Agricultural Advisors/Sales persons.
It is specifically looking for recent or new graduates to join the management team that will be dealing with all stakeholders within the business.
The ideal candidate should have a third level agricultural education and an excellent knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Milk production
- Grain production
- Pig production
- Grassland management
- Animal nutrition/welfare
He/She will also have one or two years experience in providing technical advice and other support services to milk producers in particular.
Regional Supply Manager
Boortmalt, a malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group Axereal, has an opening for a Regional Supply Manager in Athy, Kildare.
The role invloves:
- Leading & managing the Boortmalt Agri IRL malting barley supply chain business in the Athy, Stradbally and Portlaoise region, comprising of 200 contracted Boortmalt malting barley suppliers.
- Driving world class change management, to deliver a regional best in class sustainable malting barley supply chain, playing a key role in securing a required annual quantity/quality of malting barley for Athy Maltings.
- Developing industry leading relationships with regional customers/suppliers, in delivering a Boortmalt end to end malting barley agronomy solution.
- Creating competitive advantage through outstanding communication skills.
Requirements for the role are:
- Minimum of an Agricultural Science / Science Degree.
- Preferably at least 10 years work experience in an agri related industry, where you deployed excellent organizational, communicative and interpersonal leadership skills in the pursuit of your goals.
- Knowledge of a continuous improvement management system such as TPM or World Class Manufacturing would be a distinct advantage, in the execution of this exciting Boortmalt managerial role.
- A passion to progress up the ranks within the Boortmalt global organisation.
Farm Advisory Services Ltd are looking for two Agricultural Consultants.
The role involves providing agricultural advice and services to farmers, farming organisations, solicitors, county councils and others.
Duties will include:
- SPS Applications
- Soil Analysis Advice
- All DAFM Schemes (TAMS, DAS, GLAS)
- Generating Commonage Management / Master Plans.
All candidates to possess a Level 8 degree in Agriculture or greater and training will be provided.