Bord Bia’s looking for 30 people to fly the flag for Irish food overseas
The search is on for 30 highly motivated professionals to represent the Irish food industry in overseas markets.
Both Bord Bia and the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School have announced that applications are being sought for two scholarship programmes that combine academic learning with a foreign industry placement.
Successful applicants will undertake assignments in overseas markets on behalf of Irish food and drink companies which have the potential to generate in excess of €20 million in sales for the companies involved over the next three years.
This is the 7th year that Bord Bia and the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School have worked together on overseas programmes. To date, more than 150 participants have taken part in the programmes, working towards a Masters qualification while completing over 600 business development projects on behalf of Irish food companies in 13 countries around the world.
According to Michael Murphy, Director of Markets with Bord Bia it aims to recruit high potential, ambitious, motivated professionals who have aspirations to become future leaders in the Irish food industry.
Previous participants have been highly successful in delivering new business and insights on behalf of Irish food companies in overseas markets while obtaining a Masters qualification, he said.
“This commitment, both to the Irish food industry and to furthering their own academic qualifications, has paid off with over 75% of past participants now employed in exciting positions in both Irish and international food companies”.
- Intensive 12-month action learning programme
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience working with some of Ireland’s leading food companies while also gaining a Masters degree.
- Participants receive a bursary of approximately €23,000 in addition to having their tuition fees paid.
- All applicants will undergo a rigorous selection process
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience
- Interest in business development and sales.
- Some placements will require fluency in a second language.
The closing date for applications is 5th March 2015. Applications can be made by visiting www.smurfitschool.ie/bordbia.