Aurivo Marts moves to defer reopening
Aurivo Marts has announced that it has deferred the re-opening of its member mart businesses for one week due to Covid-19.
In a brief statement, a spokesperson for the cooperative said:
“In light of the rising Covid-19 numbers and in the interest of the health and safety of our customers and staff, Aurivo Marts have decided to defer the reopening of its marts for one week from the previously scheduled dates.”
- Balla Mart Saturday, January 16, for cattle;
- Ballymote Mart Tuesday January 19, for sheep;
- Ballinrobe Mart Wednesday, January 20, for cattle;
- Ballinrobe Mart Thursday, January 21, for sheep;
- Ballymote Mart Thursday, January 21, for cattle;
- Mohill Mart Saturday, January 23, for cattle.
Sales will continue on a weekly basis after these dates, the spokesperson concluded.
Earlier today (Monday, January 4), Roscommon Mart has announced that its first sheep sale of 2021, scheduled for this Wednesday, January 6, is cancelled.
The mart’s manager, Maura Quigley, said that “in light of the huge increase in Covid-19 cases over the past number of days, that this Wednesday’s sheep sale is not going ahead in the interest of the health and safety of the mart’s staff and customers”.