In this latest Brussels Briefing on Agriculture, AGRA FACTS journalists Rose O’Donovan and Ed Bray provide an update on the latest developments in EU farm policy:
– Informal Farm Council in Athens: agricultural diversity tops the agenda (May 5 & 6)
– Milk in the margins: the EU’s farm lobby pushes technical solution to ease burden of super levy fines on milk sector
– Farm Council on May 19: developing pesticides for fruit, vegetable & flower farms; talks on climate goals, food waste & animal transport
– European elections: all eyes on composition of next EP Committee on Agriculture & Rural Development
– EU Farm Commissioner Dacian Cioloș confirms his desire to seek a second mandate
Featuring statement by Commissioner Dacian Cioloș at the post-Council press conference in Athens on May 6.