Showers and then sunshine forecast for Balmoral today
The gates open at 9.30am today for the 148th Balmoral Show at Balmoral Park near Lisburn and current indications suggest that after a showery morning rain will clear.
The Met Office has forecast for showery rain in the morning, which will be heavy in parts of the North.
However, it expects this rain to clear westward which will allow for some bright and sunny spells in the afternoon.
It will become warm again in the afternoon with maximum temperatures of 20 degrees forecast.
The outlook for Thursday and Friday for the Balmoral Show is that it will be mostly dry however, it will gradually turn cooler as the winds turn to a northerly direction.
The Met Office has forecast that there will be the odd shower but with some sunny spells also. Friday looks set to be a breezy day.
Getting to the Balmoral Show
Large crowds are expected at the 148th Balmoral Show which takes place this week at Balmoral Park.
Therefore, it’s important to plan your route to the showgrounds in advance and to comply with local traffic restrictions.
Driving To The Balmoral Show
- From West: Take the M1 to junction 8 and follow the directional signage.
- From North West: Take the M1 to junction 8 and follow the directional signage.
- From Lisburn: Take the Moira Road out of Lisburn and follow directional signage.
- From Belfast: Travel South on the M1, coming off at Sprucefield and follow directional signage to Balmoral Park.
- From North East: Travel South on the M1, coming off at Sprucefield and follow directional signage to Balmoral Park.
- From South: Travel up the A1 dual carriageway and follow directional signage.
If you’re planning on getting to the Balmoral Show by public transport, you can find out more information here.