Pics and prices: Strong livestock trade on show at Manorhamilton Mart
Manorhamilton Mart saw a boost in prices earlier this week with fine trade on show at its cattle sale, held earlier this week.
The show began at 12:00pm with dry cows in first, followed by sucklers at 1:00pm.
Dry cows sold over a range per head from €1,050 for a 610kg animal to €1,590 for a 795kg cow, according to Ivan Moffitt of Manorhamilton Livestock Sales.
- 795kg cow – €1,590 or €2.00/kg;
- 695kg cow – €1,320 or €1.90kg;
- 710kg cow – €1,370 or €1.93/kg;
- 610kg cow – €1,050 or €1.72/kg;
- 680kg cow – €1,520 or €2.24/kg;
- 645kg cow – €1,210 or €1.88/kg;
- 720kg cow – €1,360 or €1.89/kg;
- 665kg cow – €1,300 or €1.95/kg.
Bullocks and heifers also made good money on the day, according to Moffitt.
In addition, a snapshot of pictures and prices were taken and recorded on the day by an attendee, as listed in the gallery below.
Turning to bullocks, Moffitt noted that prices per head ranged from €1,390 up to an even €1,700.
- 800kg bullock – €1,700 or €2.12/kg;
- 750kg bullock – €1,580 or €2.11/kg;
- 740kg bullock – €1,590 or €2.15/kg;
- 680kg bullock – €1,470 or €2.16/kg;
- 650kg bullock – €1,450 or €2.23/kg;
- 630kg bullock – €1,390 or €2.20/kg;
- 745kg bullock – €1,600 or €2.14/kg.
Finally, heifers prices per head ranged from €970 up to €1,480.
- 415kg heifer – €970 or €2.34/kg;
- 490kg heifer – €1,140 or €2.32/kg;
- 500kg heifer – €1,160 or €2.32/kg;
- 590kg heifer – €1,390 or €2.35/kg;
- 475kg heifer – €1,100 or €2.32/kg;
- 445kg heifer – €1,030 or €2.31/kg;
- 630kg heifer – €1,450 or €2.30/kg;
- 580kg heifer – €1,330 or €2.29/kg;
- 480kg heifer – €1,100 or €2.29/kg;
- 560kg heifer – €1,280 or €2.29/kg;
- 650kg heifer – €1,480 or €2.28/kg.
Commenting following the sale, Moffitt said: “Trade was good; a lot of trade went to Northern Ireland.
“Things have picked up well,” he added.