Leading bank establishes €50 million post-storm relief fund
Bank of Ireland has announced a range of supports for those affected by Storm Emma – including a ring-fenced relief fund of €50 million for businesses and homeowners.
The bank is facilitating emergency working capital at discounted rates for businesses and homeowners to repair properties; as well as providing payment flexibility on other products.
Storm Emma customer supports include:
- Prioritisation of loan decisions, discounted rates and approval as quickly as possible for business and agri customers impacted;
- Mortgage breaks for up to three months and payment flexibility on other products for those affected by the weather;
- Businesses impacted by flood damage and requiring desk space can avail of Bank of Ireland’s Workbench and Startlab co-working facilities nationwide;
- A dedicated support helpline, 1800-365-100, is available for customers to contact the bank;
- 24-hour insurance helplines are also available: home insurance 1850-213-111 and motor insurance 1800-806-809;
- Mobile financial advisors and insurance assessors are being deployed to visit customers at their homes, farms or business to discuss options available to them.
Aine McCleary, director of distribution channels at Bank of Ireland said the company is committed to providing support to communities across the country following the impact of Storm Emma.
A €50 million fund has been ring-fenced to fast-track support for business and personal customers at discounted rates and we are committing to a flexible approach in relation to payments on other products where customers engage with us.
“We have a dedicated helpline running and our social media channels and phone teams are all available. The vast majority of our branches and ATMs are operating as usual and our teams are available to support communities across Ireland.
“Any customer who needs help should call our dedicated helpline on: 1800-365-100; or drop into one of our 250 branches nationwide to speak to our advisors. Our priority now is to support customers in any way that we can.”