Inland Fisheries Ireland is looking to hire seasonal fisheries officers nationwide for 2021, announcing a new recruitment campaign today (Monday, March 8).
The positions will see the successful applicants support the development and protection of Ireland’s fisheries resource during the summer period, the authority says.
There are numerous roles available across six operational districts.
The roles are available on a six-month basis with contracts commencing from Monday, May 31, 2021 and training provided to all new recruits.
Interviews will take place on April 14, 15 and 16. IFI fishery officers are deemed essential workers and adhere to agreed Covid-19 work practice protocols.
- Eastern River Basin District: CityWest, Co. Dublin; Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow; Virginia, Co. Cavan; Drogheda, Co. Louth;
- South Eastern River Basin District: Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford; New Ross, Co. Wexford; Carrick on Suir, Co. Tipperary;
- South Western River Basin District: Bantry, Co. Cork; Farnanes, Co. Cork; Tralee, Co. Kerry; Kenmare, Co. Kerry;
- Shannon River Basin District: Listowel, Co. Kerry; Limerick, Co. Limerick; Clare, Co. Clare; Lough Sheelin, Co. Cavan; Drumsna, Co. Leitrim;
- Western River Basin District: Galway city, Lough Corrib, Co. Galway; Erriff Fishery, Co. Galway; Moy Fishery, Co. Mayo; Bangor, Co. Mayo; Ballina, Co. Mayo;
- North Western River Basin District: Cavan, Co. Cavan; Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal; Letterkenny, Co. Donegal; Clady Crolly, Co. Donegal; northern Donegal, Co. Donegal.
Francis O’Donnell, CEO of Inland Fisheries Ireland, said: “Our seasonal fisheries officers are an important asset to Inland Fisheries Ireland during our busiest operational time of the year.
“We invite applications for these seasonal positions which will support the ongoing protection, conservation and maintenance of our fisheries resource.
“I encourage all those interested in playing a critical role in helping to protect and develop Ireland’s precious fisheries resource to submit an application.”
Roisin Bradley, head of HR at Inland Fisheries Ireland, said: “We are looking for applicants who are passionate about developing and protecting our fisheries resource, have an appreciation for the natural environment and who have excellent interpersonal skills.
“Our fisheries officers ensure we have the capacity to carry out necessary work as custodians of this precious resource. We look forward to welcoming the new members to our team in the summer.”
For those interested, more information about the roles and details on how to apply can be found on Inland Fisheries Ireland website.