Beef Plan members flag accounts with Revenue Commissioners
Some members of the Beef Plan Movement have contacted the Revenue Commissioners to highlight what they regard as issues in the group’s accounts.
Eoin Donnelly told AgriLand that members on his side of the Beef Plan Movement dispute had informed the Revenue Commissioners that two directors had been removed from the company and three more put in place before the accounts were signed off on.
He said he wanted to “bring it to [the commissioners’] attention” that they disputed the accounts.
One of their main concerns, Donnelly claimed, is a lack of detail on what the company’s funds were spent on, and by whom.
Donnelly commented: “This [organisation] is for the members. We can move on.”
The ‘inaugural AGM’ is slated for Saturday, May 15.
A communication to members says that Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Charlie McConalogue has been invited to speak, though he is yet to respond to the invitation.
The communication on the proposed meeting says: “The planned date for the association’s inaugural AGM in March 2020 was postponed as part of a mediation process that was entered into to try and resolve some internal issues within the association.
“Now that mediation is considered over…the association is no longer precluded from holding our inaugural AGM,” it adds.
It is planned that the meeting would be held in line with the public health restrictions that are in place at that time – whether in-person, online, or a hybrid of both.