The Farming Week Podcast: Food prices under spotlight, McGuinness on farming policy, Tirlán turnover hits over €3bn and an agri-romance
May 12, 2023 9:30 am
Stella Meehan and Aisling O’Brien bring you the biggest stories of the week in Irish agriculture, which this week include:
- Retailers must protect prices paid to farmers, says government minister;
- Tirlán reports 36% jump in turnover to €3bn;
- EU Commissioner Mairéad McGuinness says some farming policy choices were ‘not the right ones’;
- Moving Balmoral Show was a stroke of genius;
- ‘We partied ’til the cows came home’.
Rate, review and follow The Farming Week, Agriland’s weekly review of Irish agriculture and visit Agriland.ie for more.
Plus, this week’s poll is asking:
‘Do you think we should put a cap on retailer food prices?’
To vote and leave your comment, just go to Spotify and search for The Farming Week.