The new TAMS II Dairy Equipment Scheme, which is the second of the new Targeted Modernisation Schemes (TAMS II) to be launched under the new Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, is now open.
The Dairy Equipment Scheme is open to all farmers who meet the general eligibility criteria, offering a standard rate of aid of 40%.
The specific areas of investment will include milking machines, milk cooling and storage equipment, water heating and in-parlour feeding systems.
The Dairy Equipment Scheme is open to farmers who:
- own or have leasehold title to the site on which it is proposed to carry out the development
subject to (ii) below;
- (ii) have a minimum of 5ha which have been declared under the Basic Farm Payment
Scheme/Area Aid/Integrated Administration and Control System in the year of application or
Eligibility of applicant where holding is owned/leased by a legal person
An application may be accepted in the name of a legal person provided that legal person satisfies the eligibility criteria at 3.1. A copy of a company’s Companies Registration Office Certificate and Memorandum and Articles of Association must be submitted in support of the application.
Responsibility of Applicants and/or Agent
- Full responsibility for the information contained in the application and supporting documentation submitted, whether online or manually in the case of supporting documentation rests with the applicant concerned.
- The Department shall not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions contained in applications for grant aid or any required supporting documentation.
- Full responsibility for the receipt of applications on the Department’s online system by the closing date rests with the applicant concerned.
- It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to familiarise him/herself with the scheme Terms and Conditions, the specifications and any amendments thereof and with the consequences for breaches of the scheme.
- The approval or payment of aid under the scheme does not imply acceptance by the Minister of any responsibility as regards the obligations undertaken by the participants.