Site map: Get the inside track on the Tullamore Show
The Tullamore Show & FBD National Livestock Show takes place this Sunday (August 12).
The organisers claim that it is Ireland’s “largest one-day show, averaging 60,000 visitors in recent years, with 700 trade stands”.
The Tullamore Show organisers have released a site map, showing the locations of the various exhibition and activity areas.
Below is a JPEG image (of the map); simply click on the image to open up a larger version.
Alternatively, if you have a suitable viewer (application) on your PC, tablet or smart-phone, we also have a PDF version. Click on this link or on the button below to open it (in which you will be able to decipher all of the finer details). Tullamore Show 2018 site map
It, like other years, will be a sizeable event; it’s spread over a 250ac site (including space for 20,000 or so cars to park).
The site will apparently be home to over 2,000 live animals; the prize fund amounts to €175,000.
- Six catering villages for the public;
- Three live entertainment stages;
- 23 competition rings;
- Five indoor competition marquees;
- Two indoor workshop pavilions;
- Three fashion shows by Catwalk Model Agency;
- 15 fashion stands in the Fashion & Features Pavilion;
- One restaurant;
- Two bar areas;
- 10 gates for entry and exit;
- Seven live music acts headlined by Declan Nerney and his band;
- Three cookery demonstrations;
- One big screen.
The venue for the show is Butterfield Estate, Blueball, Tullamore (Co. Offaly). It’s on the outskirts of Tullamore on the N52 (Tullamore to Birr Road) – approximately 7km from Tullamore town.
Only exhibitors, judges, stewards and people with special passes will be allowed access to the showgrounds. All vehicle windscreen stickers should be clearly displayed, so as to avoid delaying the traffic flow.
- North/north-east traffic (Kilbeggan, N52, N80, etc) will be diverted via the Tullamore by-pass to the Birr Road. This traffic will access the Green Car Park.
- West/north-west traffic (from the Athlone/M6 direction) will be diverted off the M6 after Athlone and via Clara, Coolnahiley and Rahan where it will be accommodated at the Yellow Car Park.
- South/south-east traffic (Portlaoise, Mountmellick, N80, etc) will be diverted at Killeigh village towards the showgrounds, where it will be accommodated at the Blue Car Park.
- South/south-west traffic (from the Birr/N52 direction) will be diverted left at Blueball to the Red Car Park.
A disabled car park will be provided. All vehicles displaying disabled signs will be directed onto the site. This car park will also accommodate elderly or infirm show-goers.