For the first time ever Alltech’s Global 500 conference was held outside the US and Ireland played host to hundreds of the most progressive dairy and beef producers from across the world. They networked, shared experiences and discussed plans for profitability for 2014 and beyond.
Among the topics discussed at the think-in were: What are the modern challenges of animal production? How to target performance and profitability? What does the future hold? Can sustainability be achieved?
AgriLand live streamed the entire event and reported live on the ground.
Here’s a recap for your records or in case you missed all the action.
A good weekend read!
Yours in farming,
The AgriLand Team
- ‘Farmers are in the health business’
- The cow is the best advisor on the farm
- Getting the best from the freshly calved cow
- Advancing the cause of mineral nutrition
- Heifer rearing key to dairy profit, Alltech hears
- Ireland will increase milk output by 50% beyond 2020, Glanbia
- ‘Europe will not flood world dairy markets after 2015′
- ‘International dairy sector must deliver on traceability’
- Corkman leads Brazilian beef giant to new horizons
- Alltech president points to period of sustained growth for dairy and beef sectors
- ‘Grasping the nettle’ that is farm succession