VIDEO: Latest developments in EU farm policy
In this latest Brussels Briefing on Agriculture, AGRA FACTS journalists Rose O’Donovan and Ed Bray provide an update on the latest developments in EU farm policy:
– Informal Farm Council in Athens: agricultural diversity tops the agenda (May 5 & 6)
– Milk in the margins: the EU’s farm lobby pushes technical solution to ease burden of super levy fines on milk sector
– Farm Council on May 19: developing pesticides for fruit, vegetable & flower farms; talks on climate goals, food waste & animal transport
– European elections: all eyes on composition of next EP Committee on Agriculture & Rural Development
– EU Farm Commissioner Dacian Cioloș confirms his desire to seek a second mandate
Featuring statement by Commissioner Dacian Cioloș at the post-Council press conference in Athens on May 6.