Global Dairy Trade auction up again
The Global Dairy Trade auction was up again, this time by 1.1%, for the sixth consecutive time.
The results of Fonterra’s auction for dairy products saw positives for butter, butter milk powder, skim milk powder and cheddar.
The main movers were:
- AMF index down 2.2%, average price US$4,237/MT
- Butter index up 2.5%, average price US$3,912/MT
- BMP index up 6.8%, average price US$2,681/MT
- Ched index up 10.8%, average price US$3,377/MT
- LAC not offered
- RenCas index down 0.7%, average price US$8,694/MT
- SMP index up 5.9%, average price US$2,935/MT
- SWP index not available, average price not available
- WMP index down 1.0%, average price US$3,241/MT
Back on February 17, the previous auction, dairy products saw prices rise by 10.1%. That rise followed Fonterra’s last dairy trade auction in early February also showing an increase of 9.4% in the overall auction index.
Recent auctions have been much more positive result for dairy products than seen at previous Fonterra auctions held since last summer.