Eamonn Tracey wins seventh consecutive National Ploughing title – Full results here
Eamonn Tracey has won his seventh consecutive National Ploughing Championship title in Tullamore today.
The Carlow man secured the victory with a margin of 10 points in the conventional class, with competitors Martin Kehoe and Sean Keating filling the second and third placings.
Another ploughman from the Southeast, John Whelan claimed the red ribbon in the reversible class after finishing with a points total of 513.
The Wexford man finished in front of Cork’s Ger Coakley and Wexford’s Dan Donnelly who finished in second and third place respectively.
The victory for both Tracey and Whelan follows a successful trip to the World Ploughing Championships in York, England earlier this month.
Tracey finished second at the recent World Ploughing Championship’s conventional class in York and Whelan won bronze in the reversible class.
Both Tracey and Whelan had been previous World Champion Ploughing winners in their respective classes.
Tracey has represented Ireland on an international level 11 times, and Whelan has competed eight times in the World Ploughing Contest.
Full results from Day Two
Junior conventional class:
- Liam Hamilton, Wicklow – 185 points
- John Deery, Monaghan – 184 points
- John Healy, Monaghan – 182 points
Kverneland Reversible Test Match:
- John Whelan, Wexford – 513 points
- Ger Coakley, Cork West – 504 points
- Dan Donnelly, Wexford – 486 points
Novice Two Furrow Conventional Class – Junior Grade:
- Conor Mulligan, Longford – 197 points
- Maria Dunne, Kildare – 152 points
- Joey Taylor, Meath – 142 points
Novice Two Furrow Conventional Class – Senior Grade:
- James O’Sullivan, Cork West – 207 points
- Mark Smyth, Wexford -189 points
- Niall Ring, Cork East – 173 points
Senior Conventional Test Match:
- Eamonn Tracey, Carlow – 489 points
- Martin Kehoe, Wexford – 479 points
- Sean Keating, Wexford – 452 points
Special Horse Class:
- Gerard King, Louth – 330 points
- JJ Delaney, Cork East – 329 points
- James Kilgarriff, Galway – 313 points
Special Three Furrow Conventional Class:
- Frankie Gowing, Offaly – 109 points
- Dan Hurley, Cork West – 105 points
- Patrick Power, Waterford – 104 points
Vintage Single Furrow Mounted Class:
- Gordon Jennings, Cork West – 142 points
- Trevor Fleming, Cork East – 139 points
- Eoin Buttle, Dublin – 133 points
Results from Day Two of the Ploughing
Farmerette Conventional Class:
- Laura Grant, Offaly – 91 points
- Rose Nyhan, Cork West – 89 points
- Joanne Deery, Monaghan – 85 points
Macra Two Furrow Conventional Class:
- William Kehoe, Wexford – 96 points
- Leanne Shaughnessy, Longford – 90 points
- Ger Mahon, Offaly – 83 points
Senior Horse Class:
- Gerry Reilly, Galway – 347 points
- Gerry King, Louth – 318 points
- JJ Delaney, Cork East and Joe Fahy, Galway – 308 points
Vintage 2 Furrow Mounted Class:
- Paddy Doyle, Wicklow – 315 points
- Alan Simms, Donegal – 309 points
- Nick Cullen, Wexford – 299 points