Bord Bia looking for six Board members
Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board, is looking to fill six current vacancies on its board.
The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine is looking for “suitable candidates for consideration by the Minister for appointment as members of the Board of Bord Bia”.
It says that expressions of interest are now sought from suitably qualified candidates for consideration as part of this process.
It says that candidates who consider that they possess the skills, knowledge and experience in relation to the agri-food, drink or horticulture industry are being sought.
In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate that they can contribute experience or engagement in one of the areas outlined below to the Board of Bord Bia:
- Senior executive level experience gained in a commercial organisation in marketing / promotions / communications
- Significant experience in Strategy Development and Public Affairs at a senior executive level.
- Extensive experience or involvement in one or more of the following – Entrepreneurship / Enterprise / Innovation / Nutrition.
- Experience of agriculture or food production /processing
- Extensive experience gained over a number of years, working at a senior level, specifically, in the Horticulture Sector, ideally with marketing and promotion experience.
The vacancies have been in place since October. Board members are currently paid just short of €6,000 for their time.
Interested parties can apply through Stateboards.ie